In an effort to become more accountable I am disclosing my triumphs, fears, goals, and shortcomings with you all! Lucky you! It should be pretty entertaining though. I'll be trying new recipes and exercises that I hope to share with you, along with an honest review, and hopefully someone out there will benefit in some way or another from me sharing my experiences.
Here's recent pictures of me for documentation (just don't look too closely).
I find that between homework, baby, and not wanting to exercise while people are home (I'm fearful that they'll want to stick hot pokers in their eyes after such a sight), and not wanting to rack up miles by driving 40 miles to town and back, I don't have the time to set aside for an official workout. What I wind up doing, that works for me, is little bursts of workout throughout my day. I've found several 10 minute workouts on Pinterest, like this one and this one, that allow me to either do something real quick or stop when I need to and pick up anytime, anywhere I need to.
Some other little things I do:
- Calf-raises or squats while blow-drying hair
- Figure-eights (hips) while washing my face
- Crazy dancing or jumping jacks while feeding Mikey (he gets a kick out of it and usually tries to dance too)
- Calf-raises while brushing my teeth
- Toss-ups with Mikey (holding him above my head and lowering him till our noses touch, he likes it too, but these only count if I do 50 of 'em)
- Running around while holding Mikey and yelling "Zoom zoom zoom zoom!" (like the Flash)
Up Next: Homemade Cafe Rio dressing on my makeshift Cafe Rio salad (under 250 calories!!!)