Sunday, April 14, 2013

In a matter of four weeks...

Every Monday I sit down and write out all the homework, quizzes, exams, reports, and papers that I have due that week.  It's been kind of a juggling act recently with school, work, and the most important thing in my life...family.  Life got a little busy when I went back to school last August (which was a choice that felt right despite all , then it got crazy when I went back to work and started my calling at the same time as Relief Society secretary in our Rexburg Married Student Ward.  Mikey was only 3 months old when everything hit and I was so afraid of not giving him the attention and love that he needs.  I remember finding comfort in one thing: If I put my marriage and family first, everything will be okay.

It has been quite a learning experience but it has been so very worth it.  My family is my number one priority and I know that the only reason everything has turned out okay is because Mike and I have placed family first.  When it came time for taking the GRE, both of us having finals around the same time, moving, Mike getting in a rollover accident, and being worried about not having the money for school....it has all been okay, because family is first.  I have definitely gained a testimony about setting priorities.  It takes the guesswork out of a lot of life choices.  I've come to the realization that I will probably never have the awesome walk-in-pantry that I have dreamed up on Pinterest, or the latest and greatest when it comes to....anything. But I know that we will be happy, the eternal kind of joy.
I still worry about giving Mikey the love and attention he needs to grow properly in our messed up world, giving my husband quality time, and I still worry about my grades, I still worry about having enough time in the day to get things done, but Heavenly Father has given me this opportunity to trust in Him and the harder things get, the more I am reminded to trust Him. 
Now to the point of the post...as of May10th I will officially be free of homework.  Because of finances my next semester will be in the fall.  Do you know what this means for me!?  It means I won't have to cram in homework while Mikey is taking his infamous short naps, it means I get to be with my husband when he's home instead of having him watch the baby while I'm holed up in our room writing papers, it means we get to spend some solid time together as a family.  I am over-exuberant about this fact!  It makes me want to cry a happy cry just thinking about it!   I am so excited, in fact, that I just had to share it with all of you!  The next four weeks will be the busiest because of work, finals, projects, etc but it will be SO worth it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment